Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone had a go at it?? Mine's leaking a little bit.

I see there's a rebuild kit available (PN 9939873) for the pump. Unfortunately the spring isn't order able anymore. Is this something that should be changed or am I being a pedant?

I'd hate to rebuild the pump only for it to fail again soon after because of a tired spring. How long do these last if I just change the seals? The pump has always been a little bit noisy. Is it worth doing the locking ring and valve too?

#EDIT The dealer wanted to replace the pump rather than rebuild at crazy money.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can get recon pump for £65 off ebay which is the way I would go.
I've only seen recon TS pumps no V6 ones on Ebay. It's also cheaper to rebuild it locally using the genuine kit. £65 isn't bad but once you've added shipping and duties it makes less sense. Other thing is if it goes wrong then it's a hassle to get it shipped back etc

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Someone is bound to be be able to rebuild even without having the spring available, just being able to find that company/person who can.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's a local guy that's been recommended to me. He'll remove, recon and refit for the equivalent of £162. The rebuild kit from the local dealer is about £14.50 so I'll buy that and have him fit it and refurb any of the innards that need seeing to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts