Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum but have had my Alfa 159 for just over a year. It's a 2006 model 159 JTDm 2.4L. It has blown the bleed valve on the coolant pipe at the front of the engine. during my attempts to remove the remains of the valve using an easy-out I have broken the fitting that the valve screws into. Now I need a new pipe, I have a new metal plug to replace the bleed valve but Alfa in Australia wants $800AUD for a replacement pipe.
I have found the part number I need and want to order it. List price on the fiatPER is 52.17 pound. I have attached the picture from the catalogue below. Can anyone help me to find someone with a reasonable price on this part (or put give me a phone number for someone in europe who I could purchase this off cheaply and post the part to Australia??
Any help would be much appreciated, I need to get my car back on the road ASAP,
Thanks guys,
Locky!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
104 pound is less than $160 Aud.... alot better than the $800 Aud i was quoted locally. Do u know where i can buy it from? I really need to get one sent to me asap? Plus i dont have to pay vat if its being sent to Australia :)

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Have you considered repairing yours?It will be alot quicker than waiting for the part to arrive and possibly a lot cheaper by the time you add courier costs as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not sure it will be water tight and strong enough once repaired. i think id rather replace the whole part and avoid future problems

·
Registered
763 Posts
I think this reinforces the need to replace the plastic screw with a metal one before it blows. You need a M10x1.25 mm pitch 20mm length will be fine, preferably stainless steel.

Do it before it is too late!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah couldnt agree more, if anyone hasnt replaced the valve yet do it now... i still cant find somewhere to buy this pipe though, can someone post up some contact info for sources you have bought alfa parts from, phone numbers or emails??? I eeally need my car back on the road.... cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can anyone in europe help me with an international phone number for somewhere i csb buy this part

·
Registered
199 Posts
is it the pipe you have broken? not sure if this may help but i'll write it anyway. i cracked my dad's bleed pipe and AA guy stuck a rubber pipe that's slightly tighter than the broken pipe, slipped it on with a bit of grease and tightened with clips at both ends then bled the cooling system. worked a treat. if its the end fitting you have broken then this may not help :eek:

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Google EB Spares - they will ship to Oz no worries.

I replaced my plastic plug with stainless before it let go - was hard to get the platic out, it was all deformed, pulled it out in bits with tweezers.

Its light alloy, I just used a stainless bolt to clean the thread up as I didnt have the right tap, then used a fresh one cut down to the right length as the new screw.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts