Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi lads, i've got a 05' 147 1.6 sport and unfortunately i've made quite a long scratch on the side of the door, fender and front bumper as well :( I'm just wondering is there any reasonably priced workshop to get it fixed with good quality work? i'm hoping it wont be over 500 euros :eek: I've attached a photo here.. thanks guys

I've got quoted by a body workshop and it would cost 650 to fix all that. is that reasonable at all?

Attachments

·
Registered
698 Posts
I've used Allens Garage on James St for a few things over the years, always good work at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for the info!! btw anyone could advise me if its a good idea to swap my 147 for a 99' GTV 2.0? i know its not a practical car but its just simply stunning! I saw it on carzone the other day and its only like 2000 euros

·
Registered
155, 166 & MiTo
285 Posts
I've used Declan Lawlor on the Malahide Road (behind Kavanagh's Pub near Fairview) a number of times for dings and scratches on my 166 and he's always done a good job and had the colour matching bang on.

V.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Thanks a lot for the info!! btw anyone could advise me if its a good idea to swap my 147 for a 99' GTV 2.0? i know its not a practical car but its just simply stunning! I saw it on carzone the other day and its only like 2000 euros
This one? If so she's a beaut!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes it is! she's one of the VERY FEW in such good condition(from the look) in Ireland . The only question is should I be changing to an older car and I wonder how much i would get for my 147

·
Registered
45 Posts
Good idea????

Its one the best ideas I've heard :cool:

·
Registered
6,738 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
698 Posts
Feul consumption is the same as any other 2L twinny, mid to late 30's mpg and the electrics are fairly solid. Just look out for the usual culprits, wishbones and timing belts. Theres areally good buyers guide here:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-and-916-spider/23905-gtv-spider-buyers-guide.html
Mid to late 30's is only a dream if you are in any heavy city centre traffic, I can barely break 20's...! Ok, in fairness this would be on a totally congested stop start crawl in and out of the city centre, in the leafy car free environs of Maynooth you can probably get 30's...:lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts