Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the car in for 2 front tyres this morning (place shall remain nameless)

Went to drive away and noticed my front footwell mats were raised. Going to pat them down they wouldn't oblige. Had a look under and the car has been jacked up on the box section under the floor - not the jacking point - squashing it on both sides and also deforming the floor on the passenger side :rant::rant:!!! In fairness they are going to fix it - as they bloody well should - but my fear is that this is a chassis rail and as such structural. Can anyone confirm what this section is?? I'll try to take and post up a pic.

That said - the Kumho KU31 Ecssta Sports are great . . . .

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
That's shocking - Get a proper engineer to check it out and don't let the cowboys that did it take it to some fill & bodge outfit:eek:

·
Registered
38,254 Posts
That is shocking.

Very common though, I have seen it on a few Alfa's.

Some people should not be allowed to work on cars.

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
Bloody hell... :eek:
I thought mine was bad when i noticed when cleaning that some spanner monkey had creased my side skirts at sometime.

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
That's shocking - Get a proper engineer to check it out and don't let the cowboys that did it take it to some fill & bodge outfit:eek:
Gutted for you! :eek: As Simon says, don't let those idiots near it again. Doesn't look like an 'easy fix' either, :( , but at least they missed the brake-pipes alongside, :rolleyes:, otherwise you might not have been here to post this, :mad:.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Household name that did it too . . . . . . . . . . . they should know better.:tut::tut::tut:

K

·
0 Posts
My left hand one has some damage but not to that extent.It wasn't mentioned at MoT time but then there's no reason why it should be as there is no rot and no broken welds.

V

·
0 Posts
idiots

get it fixed elsewhere and bill them, if a tyre place is that stupid they wont be good enough to repair it properly

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Happened to mine and that was at my MOT place. Needless to say the apprentice was told to take his tools and walk. Got pulled back and resealed. At first they didn't believe it and thought i'd done it. When I pointed out the large garage jack shaped mark in the underseal, they soon listened.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
household name - begin with K and end in (un)fit? :lol:
Nope. It wouldn't surprise anyone if I told, but I won't reveal until after it is sorted.

Happened to mine and that was at my MOT place. Needless to say the apprentice was told to take his tools and walk. Got pulled back and resealed. At first they didn't believe it and thought i'd done it. When I pointed out the large garage jack shaped mark in the underseal, they soon listened.
I figure it's going to have to be resealed after it is pulled back - may waxoyl inside the section too. What is that box section then and what does it do? I presume it is a strengthening strut for the floor rather than the actual chassis rail.

Going in on Wednesday to their body shop to be sorted. Hope they don't screw that up too

M

·
0 Posts
That is horrendous:wow:..............what do these idiots do.......just wheel the jack under the car and start pumping it up, 'hoping' that it's located properly??? Garages and tyrefitters that raise the car on the sill lips are bad enough, but this is shocking work.

G

·
0 Posts
Is there something about GT's, because my first GT had this problem when i bought it. But it wasnt no where near as bad as that.
They wern't joking on the adverts, i am suprised on what they can do :eek: :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts