Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the rear wishbones, there is a small bracket that is held on by the Ball joint bolts. I have just noticed that the hole in that bracket that the drop link fixes to is offset, having disassembled.
Can anyone help me to identify which bracket is offside and which is nearside.

Also can anyone confirm if the wishbones are "handed" as they look pretty identical to me.....

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any help on this would be much appreciated. Probably easiest if anyone has any wishbones and brackets to hand...

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
I don't think you have had a reply because it is not clear what you are asking. I don't recall a bracket for the ball joint. The ball joint itself is bolted to the wishbone with 2 bolts.

I believe the wishbone are handed.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Panic over, just worked it out - alfaworkshop images of the parts make it clear. The drop link hole is offset in the inboard direction.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think you have had a reply because it is not clear what you are asking. I don't recall a bracket for the ball joint. The ball joint itself is bolted to the wishbone with 2 bolts.
Hi Mitch, sorry it was a bit unclear.
I was referring to the pressed metal bracket that is held to the underside of the wishbones using the same bolts as the ball joint.
This pressed metal bracket also fixes to one end of the drop link that in turn fits to the arb.
The hole in the bracket is about 5mm offset, so it makes a difference if they are fitted the wrong way around.
Stupidly I didn't label which is nearside and which is offside but have got it sorted now.
Just playing with my shiny red powder coated parts in anticipation of getting them fitted :thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts