Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried to fit an eBay ordered rear wiper & arm and realized that not only it was much shorter than my original one, but also the mounting hole has a smaller diameter and wont fit the wiper motor :mad:

Does anyone know about these rear wipers?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dont know about rear wiper, although I have bought parts from shop4parts.co.uk.

My rear wiper motor went, and im not paying 80 quid for a new one. I hear its cheap to buy in Italy and I do go over there a lot for work, but havent been bothered to try to get one.

·
Registered
7,087 Posts
My rear wiper motor went, and im not paying 80 quid for a new one.
The rear wiper on my 145 stopped working because of grease on the contacts - a fault more common on front wiper motors. On the back of the motor there's a contact box; on mine, grease from the motor had run into that & was preventing the moving contacts from making proper contact - a quick wipe with a rag soaked in contact cleaner & it was fixed.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
The rear wiper arms on eBay look far too cheap and I wouldn't trust them to be honest. I would email the seller, explain the problem and ask for a refund. If they don't play ball then raise a dispute with eBay for supplied goods that were incorrectly described.

Do you actually need the whole arm? If it's just the rubber blade that is knackered teh just get a refill longer than the arm and cut it down to the correct size (this is what I do).

Otherwise I would advise you get a genuine arm although they're not particularly cheap but they do save all the hassle because you know they will definitely fit properly (currently selling for £38.50 from Shop4Parts - direct link HERE).

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only ordered the whole arm because it was so cheap and I thought why not get a complete replacement.

The seller offered a refund upon return and I asked for additional compensation for the shipping costs of me sending it to them. They then decided to refund without returning.

At least they were very cool about it.

A refill is the smartest thing to do. I'll definitely do that for my wipers from now on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts