Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i been trying to get a rear wiper blade for my 2000/146 and found there is nothing out there Halfords/GSF parts etc.....I even called around a few scrappies to no avail.
I called my local Romeo dealer and said i'll have to buy the complete kit cost of 60 bla bla quid. Too pricey when all i need is a refill blade, does anybody know where to go online or in Birmingham.
Help greatly appreciated.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
The Halfords refills work fine. I've got one in mine. Admittedly I've got a 145 but the wiper blade design on the 146 is essentially the same, only a bit longer. Just measure your current blade then buy a refill pack with blades that are the same length or longer. If they're longer, just cut them down with a stanley knife using your original blade as a template. It's a doddle :)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Be careful with those eBay arms. A few 145/146 members have already been stung when they've found some of the arms don't always fit as expected (incorrect size spindle fitting or wrong length arm). The quality might also be questionable at those prices. I'd much rather keep an OE arm on my car of at all possible.

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Aye.. I recently bought a new once since the old one snapped. It didn't lie flush on the glass and didn't respond well to the application of a little ignorance.. :eek:

Having said that, the rubber itself is good.. just the rest of the arm wasn't that great. :D

Anyway... the new one (different brand) might be better...

Ralf S.

·
Registered
436 Posts
rear wiper working you lucky lot ive had two and both have packed up now given up hope any ideas were to get a decent one that lasts

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
I found a seconda mano one from fleabay.

When you have it in your hands you should dunk the shaft in some penetrating oil and then work it manually into the mechanism. Then while the beast is still oily, cram as much graphite grease as you can between the shaft and the sleeve (since these two rust together which is what causes the failure).

Put as much in there as is decent.. the shaft, not the gear (since that will get all over the contacts).

Ralf S.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, i been trying to get a rear wiper blade for my 2000/146 and found there is nothing out there Halfords/GSF parts etc.....I even called around a few scrappies to no avail.
I called my local Romeo dealer and said i'll have to buy the complete kit cost of 60 bla bla quid. Too pricey when all i need is a refill blade, does anybody know where to go online or in Birmingham.
Help greatly appreciated.:thumbs:
Halfords refill works fine on my 147... Shame you can only buy a pack of 3!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Halfords refill works fine on my 147... Shame you can only buy a pack of 3!
Always useful to have one or two spares which you'll need if you ever manage to switch the wiper on by mistake while the rubber blade is still frozen to the screen.....:cry:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi,

Yeah i can sort that for you should you need me to? are sure its 20" seems a little big for rear wiper. Have every size in stock and can send to you today should you want me too.

regards andy:)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks Andy. Yeah, I checked this morning with a tape measure and it's definitely a 20 incher (even in freezing conditions this morning). I too thought this was big for a rear wiper, don't know whether it is a replacement for an original but it works ok.

Yes please, I'd like a replacement. How much? Can you PM me.

Thanks Roland.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts