Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having Just Bought A 2011, 159 TI Sportswagon, Really Love It,But Can't Clean The Rear Window As No Action From The Wiper. Have Tested it Using A Battery & Motor Is Working Fine, So Spindle Not Rusted Up. Water Power Jet Is Also Fine from Controls On Steering Column. But Steering Column Controls Don't Work The Rear Wiper?? Is There A broken Connection?? If so where should i Start looking?? Or is it more likely that there's a Fault On the Steering Column Controls. Any help/Ideas Would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Mine is the same, I need to investigate mine.
The manual states that if the wiper is used to move snow it will stop and needs to be reset via on board computer. I had a look at that first but nothing showed up.
So switch, faulty wires, or computer reset.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
How did you get on?
I had a go at mine today, mine had got stuck in the fully right position, as you look at the rear window from the rear of the car, so either a seized motor/spindle.
I got the plastic cover off, ready to take the motor out but i couldn't get the wiper arm off.
I undid the 10 mm nut a little and tapped on it and tapped on the wiper arm, also tried forcing the arm left and right and it moved a little.
I then tried the switch and the arm wipes properly.
Only problem is the arm wipes, pauses and wipes again and keeps going. WHY???

I have borrowed a wiper arm puller and will take the arm off tomorrow and clean and lube things, along with the switch bypass for the lights.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I got the arm off and removed the motor and gear cover, no water inside or rust all grease is there.
I put it all back together, happy bunny.
After rtfm, I just needed to flick the switch down again to turn off the wipe lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts