Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 more questions for you more experienced owners.

My rear wiper comes on as soon as I engage reverse - whether its raining or not. Very annoying, is this normal?

Also, is this normal or is it just my music system? This is not exact as I'm not sat in the car but I'd take a guess that volume settings of less than 25 to 30 are barely audible. The system is very audible at higher settings but I'm up at 50 ish before it gets over loud. Its more annoying than anything because the ear protection system automatically sets the volume down whenever the unit is turned off and on - I then have to press the buttons for a while before it becomes audible.

I was hoping to find a (factory) unit with bluetooth for my phone on the secondhand market but the last one I found was £250 - way too much for a secondhand stereo.

·
Premium Member
8,180 Posts
re the rear wiper, yes, it's normal, but ONLY if the front wiper is on .....

Re the radio, it almost sounds as if the radio is set to Bose mode, without actually having Bose.
In this mode the speaker outputs are switched to high-level line outs, in order to drive the Bose amp.
This is done by connecting a +12 to ISO A2. This indicates to the Alfa radio to switch to Bose mode.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
re the rear wiper, yes, it's normal, but ONLY if the front wiper is on .....

Re the radio, it almost sounds as if the radio is set to Bose mode, without actually having Bose.
In this mode the speaker outputs are switched to high-level line outs, in order to drive the Bose amp.
This is done by connecting a +12 to ISO A2. This indicates to the Alfa radio to switch to Bose mode.
It it possible to change that Bose setting?

I've just checked and the volume is automatically set to 20 when I switch off - with the engine running 20 is barely audible. Max on the system is 66 which is very distorted.

I'm wondering if this is anything to do with the 'little black box' that's been fitted and lives in the centre console. Its one of those devices that allows an aux cable or an SD card to be used. The system recognises it as a Changer for some reason and if I select that mode, it actually starts counting as if there's a disc in the phantom changer. It won't change discs though :blabla:

·
Premium Member
8,180 Posts
It it possible to change that Bose setting?

I've just checked and the volume is automatically set to 20 when I switch off - with the engine running 20 is barely audible. Max on the system is 66 which is very distorted.

I'm wondering if this is anything to do with the 'little black box' that's been fitted and lives in the centre console. Its one of those devices that allows an aux cable or an SD card to be used. The system recognises it as a Changer for some reason and if I select that mode, it actually starts counting as if there's a disc in the phantom changer. It won't change discs though :blabla:
The Bose setting can be changed, if that is actually what it is.... Simply disconnecting/removing the wire from A2 would do this, assuming there actually is a wire there ;)
You can usually see if the radio is set to Bose by the fact that equaliser etc. on the radio is disabled.

The box is probably a CD-changer emulator, as you've already discovered. It's the best/only way to get an Aux input.

The volume setting to 20 is a fixed setting upon power-up, and cannot be changed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts