Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I have electric rear windows my son put it down and then it wouldn't ride back up when I got out car the glass is loose and can be raised up and down using my hands.
Any ideas how to get door cards off and what anyone think it could be and some tips

·
Registered
9,620 Posts
If you can raise it freely, it suggests that the cable has broken - in any case a replacement mechanism is likely to be required. A while since I broke a 147 5-door but a careful inspection of the door card should show the fixing screw locations - likely to need to remove the switch panel to acess some fixings, and I think there is a "plug" in the doorpull that conceals one. If you get really stuck I've got some rear doors in the unit so could check in detail.

Once the card is off the mechanism is fairly easy to remove, IIRC 5 10mm nuts, and there is a peg and clip securing the cable to the glass. When fitting the replacement its usually easiest to fit it with the peg set at a low point of its run - just connect the motor wiring and plug the switch panel in temporarily and wind it down.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fixed the window. It was a hole in the glass and the pin had pushed out.
But now the internal door open lever does not work I had a feel to find the hole it needs to be up into. Can't find one so is it spring or am I missing something.

·
Registered
9,620 Posts
IIRC the rod goes through a hole in the end of the lever arm, and is secured by a plastic clip. Your window peg should have a slide-on clip, too. although its fairly unusual for the pegs to come out even without the clip - they are normally a bit tight unless the window is all the way down, and even then you normally have to flex the glass a bit ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep fixed window I just can't find the hole for the door release mechanism it must have pulled out while I was doing window. I have gorilla hands so can't find the hole or clip to get the dirt handle working

1 - 9 of 9 Posts