Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the 156 pre-facelift saloon rear window regulator/motor will fit into a pre-facelift SW.

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
They are listed as different parts in the parts catalogues, but I am told that they can be interchanged.....I think that the difference is that the saloon one has a longer travel than the Sportwagon.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool my brother has just got a SW and i dont need the one in my track saloon so may just give it a try and will report back

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
1,096 Posts
Sportwagon and saloon window regulators are different. Facelift doesn't make a difference its just the regulators themselves that are different

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully you've checked that it's not just stuck glass like most sportwagon rears
will mention this to him but hey it was only a 5 minute job to whip it out so will drop it to him saturday whem im home he can probably bodge it to work :lol:

Sportwagon and saloon window regulators are different. Facelift doesn't make a difference its just the regulators themselves that are different

any idea if it would work though as he got it cheap and doesnt fancy spending money on it

·
Registered
416 Posts
Alfasoldier said: he got it cheap and doesnt fancy spending money on it

Just tell him to check the oil levels - could be a false ecomomy to spend 'nothing' on the car!? :)

·
Premium Member
77,377 Posts
So I'm searching these threads cos my rear offside window stuck down the other day. I got it up with a little switch jiggling, silicone spray and a spare set of hands, so it is secure......but it'll need sorting.

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Just keep lubing it and operating it regularly and it'll probably be Ok....but if it packs up I've got plenty....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts