Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to swap wheels front to back (18" anthracite grey Turbines) & yes rear wheel stuck on hub. I know it does happen to other cars but wondered if it might be a common Giulietta problem. Anybody else had the problem and did you manage to remove them or get them removed without damaging them ?I've tried to hit one of the spokes with a piece of wood and a pad of cloth on the end to avoid damage and a lump hammer,but no joy, really annoying

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
You need to leaver it off rather than hit it, I used a breaker bar and leaver, put the curved end behind the wheel/spokes rest on the calliper then leaver it up so the wheels is being push out, a few knocks with a lump hammer on the leaver bar help to loosen it, then on the other side so it loosens off and wiggle it of the hub. Hope that make sence.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to leaver it off rather than hit it, I used a breaker bar and leaver, put the curved end behind the wheel/spokes rest on the calliper then leaver it up so the wheels is being push out, a few knocks with a lump hammer on the leaver bar help to loosen it, then on the other side so it loosens off and wiggle it of the hub. Hope that make sence.
Not quite sure, but i'l see if i can work it out when i have another go, won't be today now

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
put a bolt back in (loosely) so the wheel doesn't fall on it's face.

I hit the tyre with a heavy hammer from the inside, or fit a breakers bar between the upright (bottom) and the inside of the wheel and lever it out that way.

Hyundais suffer this a lot....

·
Registered
672 Posts
put a bolt back in (loosely) so the wheel doesn't fall on it's face.

I hit the tyre with a heavy hammer from the inside, or fit a breakers bar between the upright (bottom) and the inside of the wheel and lever it out that way.

Hyundais suffer this a lot....
What he said. Turn the wheel a quarter turn between blows. Should come off easily. It if doesn't, get a bigger club.:thumbup:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Forget these potentially rim damaging hammers and levers. Keep clear of the underside of the car and possibly dangerous attempts to hit the tyre or rim from the inside. Leave at least one bolt loosely fitted. It may be counter intuitive but lie down and kick the outside of the bottom of the tyre inwards.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
This happened to my 159, rather than your own sweat, put the nuts on loosely, then lower the car, the weight bof nthe car should help release the wheel,

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks chaps, plenty of suggestions to go at there, will prob give it a go tonight after another boring monday at work, if it's not raining!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got round to swapping wheels over, did'nt use the levering or whacking with hammer in the end. Found a lazy way of freeing off the wheels which was on some other forums. All i did was loosen the bolts back one turn on both rear wheels then slowly drove down the road a few yards, turned round and back on drive, that was it, job done! :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts