Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week Gina started to feel a bit 'odd' on the back end I can't describe it really she just didn't feel right!
Fearing the worst I read through a few rear end posts here and decided that it could possibly be rear bearings! Only because some described their syptoms like passive rear wheel steering which is possible what I was experiencing.
I orders new hub assemblies and new tools! Any excuse for tools! And read write ups and posts on here!
I have just replaced both sides and the car feels better and most of my growl I was getting has gone!
I say most as I know I have some work to do on the front to cure that.
The job actually is pretty straight forward and has taken me about 3 hours all in!
For those without access to a windy gun than I would say the best method for hub nut removal is the spare wheel ou route and car on the ground.
It's given me a chance to have a poke around at the back as well and although not urgent I can see a couple of jobs to do!
But all in all job well done thanks to the detailed right ups and exchange of info on here! Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
For those without access to a windy gun than I would say the best method for hub nut removal is the spare wheel ou route and car on the ground.
Why....I did one yesterday.....the stub axle doesn't rotate so no need for the brake or spare wheel to be on to stop it turning.

Clive

1 - 2 of 2 Posts