Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellows!
Has been a long time since my last post...

This time I lost the metal cap that keeps the grease for the wheel bearing...actually it flew away together with my Advanti Racing rims centre dust cap...while driving to the MOT.
So what is the dimension of the grease cap and where can I actually get one before the bearing is shot?

By the way...she did pass the emission test but failed for some disbalance in the rear when braking. Rear side too weak. Any idea here, no visible leak on the cylinder.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
I got some for my Sprint off eBay. They were plastic ones admittedly, for a caravan/trailer but fitted just fine.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can someone give some specs/size of this cap.
So I can check the scrap yards around here

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
The ones I got for the Sprint were 47mm diameter

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I managed to get one from an old Toyota. It is 46 mm one so with a little of fantasy we made it almost 47 mm and put it in its place.
I'm still missing the centre cap one of the Advanti wheels I have...and seams impossible to find the replacement.

Anyway I got through the Annual test with some register on the brakes and some bleeding...as I mentioned no leak on the cylinder. Maybe a good word also from an alfista friend that works there...lol???
...but from experience I know the imbalance in the back will return in a short period of time...it's always the same and I need to sort it out.

Any ideas?
Regards. Elvis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts