Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do Alfa insist on lining the rear wheel arches with what can only be described as 'carpet'? It's a bugger to clean!

·
Registered
36,016 Posts
Name a company that does not use this recycled sound absorbing material for their liners!

·
Registered
38,439 Posts
I was under the impression that it is there to reduce spray as well.

Personally I would rather have plain plastic arches as apart from being a bugger to clean it holds moisture which can cause rust.

·
Registered
36,016 Posts
I imagine plain plastic would need sound deadening added to it which would probably cause more corrosion than the eco friendly "carpet" which absorbs sound too.

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
I imagine plain plastic would need sound deadening added to it which would probably cause more corrosion than the eco friendly "carpet" which absorbs sound too.
Well if it's that good why not use it on the front? They're plain plastic.

·
Registered
38,439 Posts
There is probably a law saying a certain amount of each car needs to be made from recycled material.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My fiat 500L has plain plastic arch liners all round. They also stay in situ. The carpet tends to flap rather alarmingly about when hit with the pressure washer. My 147 was the same. I'm sure it is mostly for sound deadening and/or to reduce spray

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Well if it's that good why not use it on the front? They're plain plastic.
Up front there's less benefit from sound deadening, most of the arch doesn't connect to the interior. I think the carpetting is actually more expensive, I've known cars where the cheap versions got plastic, the expensive ones carpetting in the rear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts