Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am surprised the Mito does not have Rear Wash-Wiper . During a long journey at the weekend my rear screen was covered in filth every few minutes and most times I was unable to clear it with the wiper alone.

Anyone else suffer from this ?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Yep, instead of pulling the wiper stick toward you for the front windscreen, push the stick away for a few seconds and it'll activate for the rear. :)

·
Registered
44,881 Posts
Yep, instead of pulling the wiper stick toward you for the front windscreen, push the stick away for a few seconds and it'll activate for the rear. :)
If that doesn't work there is something wrong and you should take it back to the dealer to be looked at ;) :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
My washers haven't worked over the last few cold days, i think thats either due to the fluid being frozen, washer jets being frozen, or i've just ran out. Haven't tried them today though.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
My washers haven't worked over the last few cold days, i think thats either due to the fluid being frozen, washer jets being frozen, or i've just ran out. Haven't tried them today though.
when Scotland had that -20 weather a few years back my screenwash froze. had to wait on the heat from the engine to thaw it out.

·
Registered
44,881 Posts
Which screenwash is it and can it go down to -5 ? I had the screenwash freeze in the pipes last winter, it popped to pipe going to the rear screen out of one of its joints. I now use Comma diluted to go down to -9 at the moment, if it looks like going lower I'll put some more undiluted stuff in there. :)

·
Registered
44,881 Posts
don't dilute screenwash in winter (i never dilute it anyway) I just buy the big 5ltr bottle out of Tesco when they are on offer.
The stuff I've got goes down to -26 undiluted, I don't think there's much danger of that ! :lol:

HAve I mentioned my rear wash wipe has been known to self activate :eek:

:lol:
That still happening !?! To the dealer with you Bradders ;)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Which screenwash is it and can it go down to -5 ? I had the screenwash freeze in the pipes last winter, it popped to pipe going to the rear screen out of one of its joints. I now use Comma diluted to go down to -9 at the moment, if it looks like going lower I'll put some more undiluted stuff in there. :)
I don't know. I was at my mums when it ran out last year and just used whatever she had, which probably won't be premium stuff, doesn't even smell nice! :)

@BRADDERS

Saves the effort of doing it yourself then. :cool:

·
Registered
573 Posts
recommend the Bluecol screenwash from sainsbury's

rated to -36 (so would probably recommend diluting it in 99% of circumstances!)

you can get it on amazon too apparently.

normally i use asda standard undiluted - good to -5. if it really gets bad i'd wack out the bluecol.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Guys, before diluting it too much, please take the wind factor into consideration. Even with temperatures slightly above zero when travelling the wind makes the temperatures go down to freezing point and sometimes even lower with below zero temperatures...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts