Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isn't the correct forum for this question, but it does relate to a GTA.

My rear view mirror fell off the other day and I discovered it was held on with 3 small sticky pads. The windscreen was replaced earlier this year, so I assume the fitter used them.

I want to attach it more permanently, so what do people think is the best product for attaching interior rear view mirrors?

Cheers,

Antony

·
Registered
516 Posts
Personally, I'd get the fitter back to do it properly, or stop by one of the national windscreen guys & see if they'll do it for a beer voucher. There are glues & pads avaliable at Halfords etc, but I've yet to find one that really does the job for long.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Pretty much what mark has said. Mine fell off and the pads was useless.
When the windscreen fella came round I asked him if he could spare a blob of the glue and he did it for me. He removed the mirror from the mounting plate first

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

I didn't own the car when the windscreen was replaced, so can't really go back to them but I might find a local place and ask for a favour.

The pads at Halfords are useless!

One thing, the pads that mine was stuck on with were attached to the metal square at the top of the mounting, but also on the round sprung thing at the bottom. Should that round thing be used to hold the mirror up, and why is it sprung?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts