Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Rear View Camera Connection To Pioneer AVIC-F930BT Nav System

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  amfalconer 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
I have an Alfa MiTo 2011, fitted with Pioneer AVIC-F930BT. I'm considering installing a "rear view camera" mounted on number plate light.
There are many such cameras with housing suitable for Alfa Romeo rear number plate light from eBay.
Anyone out there who has successfully done this installation and connection to the AVIC-F930BT and is satisfied with end result?
Much appreciate any help.

#3 ·
Hi Vinzend,
Thanks for the link. But it seems the guys were mainly discussing the "installation" of the camera in the number plate housing, removing the rear bumper etc.
Which is all good and I have selected the camera for my MiTo, also from e-Bay and looks like it will fit well and do the job.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Camera-R...536166?hash=item468b39de26:g:Rq8AAOSworNcBp3r

But, I need more details about the internal wiring and connections to the Pioneer AVIC-F930BT SatNav unit.
The manual shown that a rear camera can be connected. But no details about wiring, connectors, details, how will the camera be activated when I put reverse gear on, etc, etc, etc.
Such details regarding internal wiring, connections, set up, calibration of distance, adjustments, etc that I am mainly looking for.
Many thanks once again for your kind help ��

#4 ·
You should receive a dedicated power connector and a coaxial video output with your reversing camera.

Reverse is switched via canbus, so make sure you connect the relevant wires, think its purple from memory.

Connect the live to an ignition source, I passed mine to the switched live on the stereo harness, it means its always on, but my stereo (JVC) has the option to switch to camera without reverse.

It's quite simple to fit, the biggest pain is routing cables to from rear of the car to the front.

#5 ·
Thanks amfalconer ��
I'll check if the MiTo has a CAN bus lead and perhaps will also try and find a detailed wiring diagram for the Pioneer AVIC-F930BT with a Reverse Camera connected, as the AVIC-F930BT came fitted with the MiTo as standard fitting.
Worst case, may have to visit an Alfa Dealer and try and have a word with their electrical technicians, if I'm allowed at all.
Cheers.

#6 ·
I;m certain it will, I think with the advent of parking sensors, rearview cameras and the like, it's increasingly common to find these form part of the CAN network, they did on my 159, which is an older car.

Don't hold out too much hope on speaking to the dealer techs, the dealer won't be to happy, not when they can charge you to book the car in..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.