Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's,

I've not been around for a while as I have rediscovered my passion for 2 wheels, but the 156 is still being pampered and admired where ever I go.

Any way its MOT time and I was under it at the weekend just to see if everything was ok and noticed that the rear tyres are wearing a lot on the inner edge, I believe this is caused by worn trailing arm to hub bushes, is this correct? If so if I just change the bushes will all be ok again or are there any other parts that may be causing this? once changed should I have the alignments reset?

Thanks in advance;)

·
Registered
30,170 Posts
Either worn bushes or out of alignment.

How worn are the tyres in general?
There will usually be slightly more wear on the inner edge, but it shouldn't be excessive.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
David - Still about then? How is your 156?

The wear looks more than normal and I have noticed a slight rear wheel steering effect when push it in the turns.:wow:

cheers Ross

·
Registered
30,170 Posts
yes I'm still around.

There should be a very small amount of rear wheel steering, but that amount is controlled by the bushes flexing. If they are flexing more than normal or have failed completely then it becomes a bit erratic...!

If you crawl under the back and give each link a good pull/push you should notice any failed bushes.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well just been under it and there is about 3/16 to 1/4 of twisting movement at the chassis end (they look quite soft) and abit less at the hub, does this mean I need to replace the trailing arm as well as the hub bushes?

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Are you sure its just one edge that is worn, and not both - the latter measn your tyres are under inflated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts