Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am wanting to do the modifications from single to twin pipe. Aside from breakers can the diffuser and tail pipe be bought anywhere at a reasonable cost?
Thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Rinsor.

Short answer. No!

otherwise £90 from a dealer for the plain twin exit and then either find one of the below:
- 2nd hand QV / 2.0L diesel exhaust
- Fake 2nd exhaust
- Various other twin exhausts ranging from £200 - £500+

i just stuck on an aftermarket. takes no time at all and can be whipped off for warranty jobs :)
Good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi I am wanting to do the modifications from single to twin pipe. Aside from breakers can the diffuser and tail pipe be bought anywhere at a reasonable cost?
Thanks
I have an OEM twin difusser and twin exhaust back box for a 2.0 JTDM 2011 (18k miles only) both taking up space in my garage. Open to offers. I live just outside Glasgow though. I changed mine to an Ulter back box and a sprint difusser so they are surplus to requirements.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Rinsor.

Short answer. No!

otherwise £90 from a dealer for the plain twin exit and then either find one of the below:
- 2nd hand QV / 2.0L diesel exhaust
- Fake 2nd exhaust
- Various other twin exhausts ranging from £200 - £500+

i just stuck on an aftermarket. takes no time at all and can be whipped off for warranty jobs :)
Good luck.
Aftermarket?exhaust or diffuser? Explain please?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an OEM twin difusser and twin exhaust back box for a 2.0 JTDM 2011 (18k miles only) both taking up space in my garage. Open to offers. I live just outside Glasgow though. I changed mine to an Ulter back box and a sprint difusser so they are surplus to requirements.
Hi, live in northern ireland so courier costs may be prohibited. Will get back to you when I look into it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Aftermarket?exhaust or diffuser? Explain please?
After market exhaust.
ive heard diffusers are a little bit fiddly and the fit isn't spot on if its not a genuine piece.

I just fitted and ulter aswell, like wsmdesign.
if the courier isnt to bad hopefully you could get his bits as it will save a good few pennies.

i was always a fan of shipley for transporting odd things about. might be worth a look.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought the car tonight, 1.4 tb sportiva. Got a better deal than expected so can stretch to the sprint diffuser and ulter exhaust. Any recommendations where to purchase?
Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi - I purchased the sprint difusser from Gavin on this site who works at Alfa Romeo in Edinburgh - go to Commercila Lounges. He will give you a good deal. I purchased the Ulter exhaust direct from Stuart Nicholls (Stu) at on-line auto sport ltd ([email protected]). He will have it posted direct to you.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I bought the car tonight, 1.4 tb sportiva. Got a better deal than expected so can stretch to the sprint diffuser and ulter exhaust. Any recommendations where to purchase?
Thanks
Welcome to the fold!

i just re-fitted my standard exhaust as the car is in for some dash and uconnect problems.
The arse dyno definatly felt a decline in ...something... not quite as nippy? punchy/ free revving? ...i could be making this up. but i did miss that little bit of extra bass and noise you get.

Fitting is a complete doddle.

A tip for removing the std diffuser - get a set of plastic trim levers and dont be "to affraid" to use a little bit of force to pop it off.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the fold!

i just re-fitted my standard exhaust as the car is in for some dash and uconnect problems.
The arse dyno definatly felt a decline in ...something... not quite as nippy? punchy/ free revving? ...i could be making this up. but i did miss that little bit of extra bass and noise you get.

Fitting is a complete doddle.

A tip for removing the std diffuser - get a set of plastic trim levers and dont be "to affraid" to use a little bit of force to pop it off.
Got exhaust and diffuser ordered, final question....does the petrol1.4tb have the bracket fitted for the exhaust on drivers side and all I need to get is the rubber mount, or do I have to purchase the bracket hanger? Car is 30 miles away and getting serviced etc and due to holidays I won't get till next Wednesday And want all parts ready as I'm off work I want to fit next week.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
Got exhaust and diffuser ordered, final question....does the petrol1.4tb have the bracket fitted for the exhaust on drivers side and all I need to get is the rubber mount, or do I have to purchase the bracket hanger? Car is 30 miles away and getting serviced etc and due to holidays I won't get till next Wednesday And want all parts ready as I'm off work I want to fit next week.
Thanks
No it doesn't - you'll need to get one.

·
Registered
38,682 Posts
I think the original bumper insert "diffuser" would look good if it was colour coded and the join line removed.

Anyone done that?

The diffuser look is a bit max-power for me.

·
Registered
38,682 Posts
It looks pretty good I think.

I am not a fan of black bits on bumpers or skirts as a rule. I preferred the facelifted 145 to the original for this reason as well as the Ph2 GTV to the Ph1.

I think the Giulietta gets away with the black bit on the bumper OK, but was interested to see it would look body coloured. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts