Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I need rear trailing arms and bushes for my 1997 164 V6 Super - they seem to be non-existent in the UK so I was wondering if anyone on this forum had any available? I really wanted to take my 164 to the Southern Alfa day on 17th April so need them as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Ian

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ian
Seems they are now available new from Myalfa.eu, (Alfa Romeo 164/Super ATTACHMENT REAR) which is something of a result, even at that price, as they were unavailable when I rebuilt the rear of mine back in 2010. The bushes are also available on the same site but the rear bush (Hub bush) is same as all the 156s and the front is available from Alfashop as a p/flex bush (POWPFR1-608). If the arms are not bent or weakened then get the rear bush replaced by someone with a hydraulic press, the front is a top hat design so installer friendly. Good luck with the bolts!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ian
Seems they are now available new from Myalfa.eu, (Alfa Romeo 164/Super ATTACHMENT REAR) which is something of a result, even at that price, as they were unavailable when I rebuilt the rear of mine back in 2010. The bushes are also available on the same site but the rear bush (Hub bush) is same as all the 156s and the front is available from Alfashop as a p/flex bush (POWPFR1-608). If the arms are not bent or weakened then get the rear bush replaced by someone with a hydraulic press, the front is a top hat design so installer friendly. Good luck with the bolts!
Thank you - that's really useful. I will give them a try tomorrow.

Ian

·
Registered
129 Posts
Poly bushes are too, and they are easier to fit - supposedly at the expense of a slightly harsher ride,
Had mine done (one was MoT failure, so did all 4) about 3 hours labour I think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts