Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help can anyone point me in the direction of the part number for the front bushes on the rear trailing/ control arm the bush behind the plastic covers my car has had an annoying knock for sometime and after spraying this bush with silicon sealant the noise appears to have gone I guess this will only last a short while so a new bush is needed ? Also anyone done these before ? How hard are they for a basic home diy mechanic

P

·
0 Posts
Go to Powerflex, they sell the bush seperatly. I have these on the shelf to change at my car.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
The reason this is not listed separately is because of it's construction. The bush is clamped in the trailing arm in a neutral position causing up and down movements to twist the rubber. You will find other posts describing how you have to lever the arm downwards when replacing the shock absorber.

The Powerflex is not the same system. It allows free movement. But it's the only joint sold aftermarket (the plastic can't work like rubber).

There are European sites listing the complete Marelli arm at discount.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The reason this is not listed separately is because of it's construction. The bush is clamped in the trailing arm in a neutral position causing up and down movements to twist the rubber. You will find other posts describing how you have to lever the arm downwards when replacing the shock absorber.

The Powerflex is not the same system. It allows free movement. But it's the only joint sold aftermarket (the plastic can't work like rubber).

There are European sites listing the complete Marelli arm at discount.
Hi thanks for the info ☺So is it possible to change the bush as I can't find any cheap arms unless 250 euro is cheap ?

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Nobody has found the rubber bush for sale. If found the repair would have to include clamping it in place to an unknown angle. I have a new arm and could measure the angle but it would only be helpful if you could buy the bush.

250 Euros is about the cheapest you can find. Perhaps Euro Car parts with their relationship with Marelli could sell it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts