Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to sort out my rear inside tyre wear with little or no luck.

Brought it to be aligned today and he showed me how little movement there was when he would try to adjust the toe using the transverse arms. He couldn't even adjust it by 1 degree. The bushings on the transverse arms themselves are fine, the trailing arms are new and the hub bush seems pretty okay too. Nothing is bent either.

Is there a bush where the adjuster is within the rear subframe that could be worn? Or is it the fact that the konis have lowered it so much they just taken away the adjustibility of it?

I don't really know what to do with it now.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would other shocks like bilstein b9s or koni dad be fully adjustable?

What can I do with mine?

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
Would other shocks like bilstein b9s or koni dad be fully adjustable?

What can I do with mine?
No shocks are (hight) adjustable or lower a car.... It's the (aftermarket) springs that can be adjustable.....

So I doubt your problem is caused by the shocks, unless they were mounted incorrectly

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
I've been trying to sort out my rear inside tyre wear with little or no luck.

Brought it to be aligned today and he showed me how little movement there was when he would try to adjust the toe using the transverse arms. He couldn't even adjust it by 1 degree. The bushings on the transverse arms themselves are fine, the trailing arms are new and the hub bush seems pretty okay too. Nothing is bent either.

Is there a bush where the adjuster is within the rear subframe that could be worn? Or is it the fact that the konis have lowered it so much they just taken away the adjustibility of it?

I don't really know what to do with it now.
The problem is NOTHING to do with the Koni dampers or springs, or hub bushes, or trailing links.
It will probably be the cam adjuster in the subframe.
You (or your garage) need to take that apart, clean all the Aluminium corrosion away that is likely stopping the cam bolt moving properly.
Make sure your transverse links are the correct ones and are the right way round too.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks David. The bolt turns alright but it just doesn't seem to do anything. It has only a tiny effect on one side and virtually nothing on the other. Would cleaning it solve that?

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
If you remove the nuts and washers and pull the transverse arms off you will see that the bolts sit in slotted holes in the subframe. Most likely the slots will need cleaning out to allow the bolts their full range of adjustment.

For the adjustment to work it will need the correct keyed eccentric washer and bolt with eccentric flange. If these have been replaced with normal bolts and washers it won't work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts