Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So next job is to recondition the replacement rear suspension.

The powder coat company want all the bushes removed before they blast and powder coat them.

So what is price and availability like for the bushes? I would use genuine, aftermarket or possibly poweflex bushes dependent on cost availability or position.

·
Registered
366 Posts
All the bushes are available but can take a bit of effort to source - I know as I rebuilt the rear of mine prices vary - don’t buy from Silent blocks - and I know it’s been argued many times but I would replace like for like -not Poly -some of the rear bushes are Hydraulic let me know which ones your looking for and I will get back to you.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thinking about it I probably need trailing arm bushes, the mounting bushes for the crossmember and the upper control arm bushes.

The hubs I'll just wire brush up and paint by hand.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I have one LH trailing arm with a good hydraulic bush but Paul777 has the info on the three bushes in the Upright

·
Registered
2 Posts
I sourced mine from Poland to bring to Ireland, less than 1/2 price, same for the long adjusting bolts i needed that were all seized.
Also Sourced upper front wishbones for €62 (Lemforder), same ones in Ireland €130, drop links (Lemforder also) €13 / €25-35 here for same ones.. 2 wishbones and 4 links €168 and €20 DPD delivery.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help so far. Fortunately my adjusting bolts all came out OK. A good clean up and coating of copperease should see them working fine.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dropped the whole rear suspension from a scrap car in an hour or so. Stripping in situ is obviously more difficult.

I'd advise soaking everything before hand over a couple of weeks with penetrating oil and definitely get a battery powered impact gun they're an amazing benefit.

·
Registered
366 Posts
The 4 isolating bushes that mount the rear Subframe seem to be cheapest from shop4parts less than a tenner each.
The other bushes that cause problems in sourcing for a reasonable price are the Front main leading bush in the rear trailing arm Which is hydraulic and the rose joint/uni ball bush which for a while was only available for stupid money from Silentblocks.
I ve managed to source them both recently for mine.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi thanks for the great tip. I hadn't looked at shop and 4 parts yet. Had seen them on eBay but £33 each!!

Just ordered 4. That means I can get the crossmember blasted and powder coated.

Now need to source the trailing arm bushes so I can get the trailing arms blasted and powder coated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts