Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the rear springs on the v6 and the twinny are the same or different. Also are shop 4 parts a good place to buy from or any other places.....many thanks. ..Steve.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Go for Suplex Springs... Cheapest on EBay. The part codes are different between the TS and V6...

Search GTV Suplex and enter your car details for correct parts.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I will second that. TS and V6 springs are different. I found out the hard way. Suplex gave me the correct ride height and comfort to my V6.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Suplex springs have been ordered.....now to acquire all the other bits for a suspension refurbishment. ....anything else I should replace/refurb while I at it.....any advice gratefully accepted.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Suplex springs have been ordered.....now to acquire all the other bits for a suspension refurbishment. ....anything else I should replace/refurb while I at it.....any advice gratefully accepted.
Do the bushes need replacing? Maybe using powerflex? If you are changing the springs, what about the shocks. Bump stops sometimes need doing too. But firstly i'd check the rear bushes as its a known weak point of the car.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I've just replaced everything on my V6

Koni Shocks
Suplex Springs
Upper Arms & Ball Joints
Spring Pans
Drop Links
Cups & Bump Stops
Dog Leg Arms
Rear ARB refurbished
Every thing has been Powder Coated
Power Flex Bushes on everything above

Not cheap, but well worth it if it's a keeper!

·
Registered
480 Posts
I will second that. TS and V6 springs are different. I found out the hard way. Suplex gave me the correct ride height and comfort to my V6.
What is the firmness like of the suplex? I need new springs. I am very keen not to get anything harder than original though - the ride is bad enough as it is

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
What is the firmness like of the suplex? I need new springs. I am very keen not to get anything harder than original though - the ride is bad enough as it is
Suplex is very comfortable, Eibachs are much harder, had these on another car...

Suplex is same as factory, more or less. Most owners fit this make.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a keeper alright..intending to do as you have pj3074 as well as new disc's, pads,Goodrich lines and refurb calipers if the funds allow it all depends on how much my mechanic charges me!!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
It's a keeper alright..intending to do as you have pj3074 as well as new disc's, pads,Goodrich lines and refurb calipers if the funds allow it all depends on how much my mechanic charges me!!
I've just spent another £2k for a complete front to back replacement of all suspension parts and Koni dampers.

Already replaced and upgraded braking system.

And **** loads more!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I budget each year for "what's next" and had mine four years now and it's almost finished!!

Quaife LSD in July to finish the handling package and a paint refresh next year to be free of stone chips and minor blemishes, plus the next belts service is due... It's only money :lol:

It'll owe me about £9k time it's finished, but still £20k less than what the first owner paid in 1999!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts