Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello peeps, i have an Etna blk Mito Lusso arriving shortly and think the rear spoiler just finishes the car off. The problem is the car is coming frm dealer stock and and cnt get the factory fit price of £150 they want £325 to supply, paint and fit the spoiler. Thats a huge hike in price. Does anybody have a pic of a black Mito with and without the spoiler? Maybe i should ask the dealer 2 do it cheaper?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx 4 the pics m8. Yeah it is a fair jump in the price. I think it looks better with it but that may be down 2 the 17" alloys in the pic 2. Maybe ill ask him 2 drop it 2 £300 then go halfers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
In the flesh they look much better with the spoiler, I had the chance to compare the Lusso and the Veloce in a dealers showroom.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i agree with that sixfifty. I dnt think pictures do them any justice anyway. It looks 100 times better in the flesh. What model do u have? I take it ur happy with it?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Oh no, without the spoiler the rear is quite rounded from the roof down through the rear window and looks...unfinished.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I added a rear spoiler on mine :)
Just coz I think it looks alot better with it..... (my opinion only)

but wt I dnt see is that on the Mito accessories book ( Alfa Uk's site) the rear spoiler looks much more... like... higher, wider and more 'spoiler' looking. Whereas in real there doesnt seem to be that 'wow' effect?? (Does any1 understand me? haha)

·
Registered
80 Posts
yeah i agree with that sixfifty. I dnt think pictures do them any justice anyway. It looks 100 times better in the flesh. What model do u have? I take it ur happy with it?

Still trying to decide between a MiTo Veloce 120BHP Petrol, Mini Cooper Graphite, and a Seat Ibiza 1.6CR-TDi 105BHP, or maybe even an Ibiza FR 1.4 TSi 150BHP.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well I've got it as I have a Veloce, but I don't think not having it detracts that much from the car as it is that small anyway. The looks of the car are really about the backend and the front, which I love but as we all know some do not.

As it is a dealer fit I wouldn't worry about it anytime soon, you can have that done at that price anytime, just a thought.

With or without it is distinctively a MiTo!

take care,
J.

·
Registered
309 Posts
ehh,, I looked at the Seat Ibiza before i went to look at/order the MiTo aswell

After looking at the Alfa Mito, I was kinda glad I made the right choice :)
Coz its so unique in a way..... like you dont see much Alfas on the road but you see TONS/MILLIONS of Minis everywhere.
I'd say MiTo :) But then again, u r on an Alfa forum so u wud get biased answers :lol:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
seems the majority think it looks better with the spoiler. I know what ur saying techwork, the spoiler adds a bit of length 2 the roof line. I never noticed that miss tcy. Get the Mito m8. U know it makes sense. The Alfa turns heads.

·
Registered
80 Posts
seems the majority think it looks better with the spoiler. I know what ur saying techwork, the spoiler adds a bit of length 2 the roof line. I never noticed that miss tcy. Get the Mito m8. U know it makes sense. The Alfa turns heads.
Sorry for hijacking your thread, but I love the side profile of the MiTo, it looks really mean and sporty, likewise from the rear it looks really cool and I love the rounded tail lights, however my main concern is I think the front is too rounded and feminine, I just need to see more on the road I think.

Also the recent news re no boost with the 120BHP Petrol has set me back a little, as this was one of the cool points about the MiTo and the DNA system.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
fair point bridder, maybe it is 1 of those things u just never get round 2 doing tho! It is my birthday the week after i get it. So maybe if im a good lad ill get money towards it. I totally agree with miss tcy, the Mini 4s common and has the most annoying whine frm the power steering pump. The seat is nice but very normal looking.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i just plant the seeds sixfifty, a bit of thread slippage is no bad thing. We have opened a can of worms here tho. I see ur point with the looks but holy crap it is gorgeous. The best looking small car on the road, by a long shot. As 4 the no boost issue? That's why God invented warranties. Ha ha

·
Registered
187 Posts
Don't get me wrong 1981milked, if you can have your cake and eat it, why not :thumbs:

It's an addition and it adds to the car, my point was more from a calculated point of view though, set yourself a time limit, say crimbo and tell yourself you are going to get it for then, I do agree that it can be something that you never get around to, but considering it is a dealer fit and they are stinging you for it, it can happen at any time, let them sting you at your convenience, if you can get it buddy go for it, the lusso spec is great, the chrome, the kick plates, the carbon effect dash, you can't go wrong :)

J.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah i see where ur coming frm bridder. Would like the car 2 be spot on when i pick it up and not have 2 think well when i get the spoiler it will be. I think the Lusso is well specced 4 the money.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts