Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few more days and I will be swapping my Speciale for a Veloce.
When adding a Rear Spoiler, do you have to mention it to the insurance? And was the consequence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
It's just cosmetic and many Giulias come with it fitted as an accessory from new. Don't think it's a big deal and in case there is damage to the back end you may not get the spoiler covered. Although some would argue otherwise. I am only speaking from my own claim experience on another car where an accessory was fitted and I made a claim. If any mods like remap or Tuning box is fitted I would declare it. I recently renewed my insurance and declared the upgraded 19" wheel I fitted recently and the price was not much more.

·
Registered
33,738 Posts
If the double-sided adhesive holding your Chinese spoiler fails and it flies off causing damage or injury then it could require consideration of your liability. Without mechanical fix some OEM spoilers would not be considered secure enough. Ford used to use only adhesive on Sierra Cosworth spoilers until one hit somebody when it flew off, I recollect.

·
Registered
363 Posts
It's just cosmetic... Don't think it's a big deal....
We all know what insurers can be like, the smallest excuse and they grab it to reduce or reject a claim. In this instance, probably no problem with an older driver with a good record, but they'd jump on this with glee in the case of anyone young or inexperienced who came to them for a quote or with a claim. I've kept my Giulia completely standard, and often drive it wearing a flat cap, which proves it to anyone following slowly behind.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I havnt told them about mine or the qf wheels. My thinking is it looks factory standard, its not obviously added like a fiesta with a body kit so only people who really know the spec of the cars will know its not standard.
But to the letter of the law yes you should mention it, someone posfed on a thread on here that declaring the 19'' qf wheels actually lowered their premium slightly, but its a gamble, once you've told them what you've added your stuck with it.

My insurance went up by about £50 when I told them I'd got divorced.. money well spent though..

·
Registered
969 Posts
Just tell them, for the sake of a small admin fee and probably no additional premium. Why not. Peace of mind imo.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts