Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced the crappy broken speakers in my GTV front doors, already sounding better, slight problem in replacing the rears though, there aren't any fitted:oops:
I've reasons to believe my car due to it's KKJ registration might be a grey import or BFOR member purchased cars as it isn't fitted with the usual alatm type, now would such a car come sans rear speakers I wonder, all mounts are there I can see from withing boot but nothing by way of noise making bits.
Kenwood DAB about to go in along with 165mm rear Infinity's with 4 way amp upgrade at some later date.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Not sure about KKJ reg but my Spider is a KKE reg and was originally bought in Germany by someone in the Army. I have seen about 6 other 916s with a Y***KKE reg and spoken to a few owners and they are all ex-BFG cars.

I believe some BFG cars were euro-spec with RHD and some were full UK spec. The full UK spec ones had a Meta alarm to meet requirements for a Thatcham approved alarm. Others had the standard Alfa alarm.

I can’t see a car being produced without rear speakers. It would hardly make any difference to the cost given how little Alfa spent on the OEM ones.

Also... Mike, was it you who wanted the old door seal I’ve got? I promised it to somebody and deleted their details while I was getting a quote for postage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it wasn't me after the door seal, sorry.
Mine has a Gemini unit fitted going off the fob, trying to obtain a replacement as one's failed completely it seems, battery lasted all of 1 day in it.
Suspect someone may have been playing in a destructive manner with audio, will pop a speaker cover off to see if any wiring fitted in the rear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts