Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might need rear springs and shockers on this 2004 JTS... Any recommended manufacturers?... I know Eibach do great springs.. But what about shocks?...
Reason for replacement is the bumpstops have fallen off and I'm thinking- this is ideal time to sort the whole thing...?

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
For top spec, if they are still available, probably Bilstein B6 Sport (p/n 24-026055)

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
KONI SR-T with Suplex Springs provides a good balance; plus bump stops and possibly the cup holders. I'd do the drop links whilst you're at it.

About £50.00 each for the dampers. £25.00 for each Spring. Or the OE spec TRW ones.

All down to your budget.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Cheers chaps... I've been looking on the net...and trying to avoid the temptation to get cheapie deals... I'll go with your recommendations...

·
Registered
772 Posts
I believe that Eibach only produce lowering springs, you would not want original springs on the front & lowering springs on the rear. If you decide to change the rear springs without changing the fronts, I would recommend fitting original Alfa springs if still available.

I would not go with Bilstein B6 rear dampers. This is a post from an earlier thread of mine:
Had new tyres fitted last week; whilst the car was off the ground found that one of my rear Bilstein B6s was leaking oil.
The Bilsteins were fitted less than 4 years and 33,000 miles ago. I am NOT impressed.
I had KYBs fitted today. Cost of the KYBs was £68 for the pair delivered, Bilsteins cost €252.50 (£182 at today's rate) delivered, nearly three times the price.

The full thread is here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-andamp-916-spider/290556-gtv-2-0-jts-fit-bilstein-b6-shock-absorbers-rear.html

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just to preempt any frustrations when it comes to the replacing... Does anyone know how the bump-stop cups inside the rear coil springs on a 2004 GTV JTS are fixed? Nuts screws washers and bolts? ?
Many fanx
MC

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been offered a pair of Sachs rear shockers at very reasonable price... Anyone had experience of these?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts