Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get a pair of 3 point (inertia type) seat belts for the rear of an Alfasud Sprint Veloce, preferably new. Also does anyone know of anywhere where I could get these fitted in the North East?

·
Registered
116 Posts
You could probably sort something at a wreckers.

Removing the seat and trim is easy and seatbelts are pretty simple.

It would have to be a very hawk eyed WOF tester to spot the wrong seatbelts.

Don't zip tie them on though..

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
This is what I've got but I think they are from the 164 - you could possibly use them if you cannot get any others. But isn't Peter/ Alfasud Parts breaking a good (on the top!) 1.7 Sprint now?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
You can use universal system if you can find some mechanism with cover. I will post some photos of mine iff you want in order to see how they are fitted.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks For your help. Think I will contact Peter about that 1.7 and that would be great Greek if you could post some photos.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I think you can just fit generic off the shelf ones. The mountings are universal and are there in the back of my 82 sprint. Inertia reel rears are unusual in sprints and you have to cut a suitable hole in the triangular side panels on each side of the roll up cover for the belt to go through. There's a hole in the steelwork underneath luckily.

If you get stuck I can take a pic.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The last 1.7 sprints have reel belts in them and my QV has the holes same as yours, Damon. I have a pair of 156 rear belts waiting for me to get enthused, and then they will go in - should be a straight swap. Has to be a good idea, those old ones will be well past their best.
Fitting them yourself is easy, a 17mm socket, some common sense about where to put the bolts, and you're good - and it gives you an opportunity to take out the rear bench seat - you'll probably find enough spare change to fund the project ;)

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Mine was 1.5qv and had rear seatbelts and in fact they are mounted on the top self and not down which is much simpler to install and use. I will take some photos this evening.....

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I just found out that i have already some pics of the rear seatbelts i bought from Ebay for Jkbsprint....

There is also for middle passenger but only for the waist (which i have on my sprint) but since it is 2+2 it doesnt matter if you dont install it ....

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Mounted to the top shelf? As in to the steelwork under the triangular side panels? So I guess you used horizontal inertia reel units rather than vertical? Are there mount points there or did you make some up?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
To be honest i dont know if there were installed from factory or retrofitted as they were in the car when i got her. But they are the same as those in the pics i uploaded earlier. As for the mounts i will take extra pics later today and upload all of them together.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts