Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

One of my registration plate lights is out on my 147, seems to be dodgy connection due to the fact it turns itself on and off as a result of my shutting the boot lid, any ideas of where to start with fixing? I wouldn't really bother about it but the constant beeping and warning on the dashboard is starting to annoy me!

I think it may have let water in somewhere, but I'm not sure. I'm not particularly good with wiring, but not a complete idiot.

Any advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
take it out and clean the connections, they get dirty under there;)

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
My 156 had a similar problem with intermitent working number plate lights. I've discovered it's a sign that the bulbs are on their last legs. Putting some new ones in might cure it. I bought LED ones so the ars* of mine looks like the new BMW's. Very smart!!!:cool:

·
Registered
220 Posts
hello there i had a fused bulb in my 156 its a easy job the lamp fitting slide on way right i think one end will drop down and its out at one end there is a brass strip give it a clean scrape with small screw driver the lamp fitting twists out replace the bulb as well
davy.s.

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
My 156 had a similar problem with intermitent working number plate lights. I've discovered it's a sign that the bulbs are on their last legs. Putting some new ones in might cure it. I bought LED ones so the ars* of mine looks like the new BMW's. Very smart!!!:cool:
+1

I had the same problem. The right light was sometimes on, sometimes off and showing the error on the dashboard. I removed the bulb many times, bent the contacts in the bulb, on the connector, cleaned everything, the error was still intermittent. Finaly I replaced the bulb with a new one and it cured it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is a common fault of a bulb on its way out, same with the front side lights..

The number plate bulbs are called H5

Front side lights are called H6

Available anywhere halfords e.t.c

Dont put different colour bulbs in as it with change the resistance value and cause the warning light on the dash to be on all the time !!!

Hope this helps guys

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Don't worry. I haven't got any errors on the dash so the LED lights are good.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How do you open up the unit to get into it? Is it just a case of prising/popping them out?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
edit: never mind, done now. Replaced the bulb and cleaned up all the contacts, seems fine now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts