Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mito is not fitted with rear parking sensors I would like to fit the type that display the distance to the object on the screen between the tacho and speedo, is there a retro kit available

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi, I think you will have to fit the genuine Alfa part for the screen to work. They used to be available through Alfa parts suppliers,of which I presume they still are.

·
Registered
344 Posts
There are a number of old threads discussing where people had genuine Alfa parking sensors fitted by dealers (on both the Mito and the Giulietta) and they don't get the display on the screen.

Based on that it seemed to be the case that you only got the screen display if it was a factory fit for some reason. I don't know if anyone found out why that's the case - whether extra wiring that you just don't get in the kit and/or settings changes are needed - from my searching on this forum I couldn't find any example of someone having them retro-fitted and getting the graphic. It'd be great if someone has figured it out and could post!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all you replies, I have one futher question what is the difference between the Alfa Romeo rear sensor kit at £150 approx, against other after market kits at £55.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts