Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple enough although as always the winding back of the calliper piston is a bugger of a job:mad:.
Lack of another spare hands seems to increase the frustration

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Just buy the wind-back tool.
It only takes 1 minute then and is so worth the money to avoid the frustration :)

·
Registered
30,019 Posts
I have just purchased the wind-back tool to do mine.
Quite a lot for a tool that won't be used much, but as Chris said it saves so much hassle that it is worth getting.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the tool but the ability to hold the loose caliper at the correct angle with the need to turn the ratchet and push all at the same time is something that requires the dexterity of a monkey on steroids

·
Registered
30,019 Posts
I have the tool but the ability to hold the loose caliper at the correct angle with the need to turn the ratchet and push all at the same time is something that requires the dexterity of a monkey on steroids
The correct tool does the pushing for you, so you only need to turn the handle.

Like this one

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
I have one (used only once !) Laser, works magic 10quid !!!!

K

·
0 Posts
Never really found it that hard to do using long nosed pliers to be honest. Have to give it some welly on seriously seized calipers but it's always worked for me.

My approach to tools used to be to just go and buy whatever I needed without thinking about whether I would need it again. These days, I quite enjoy improvising.

I had to unblock the bog last night and ended up using a length of fuel pipe with welding rods inside to give it some stiffness.

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Just ask K9d, he watch me change his in 10 minutes, All you need is 13mm and 15mm spanners, wind back tool and 19mm spanner, large screwdriver/lever, copper grease, jack and wheel brace.

C

·
0 Posts
I have just purchased the wind-back tool to do mine.
Quite a lot for a tool that won't be used much, but as Chris said it saves so much hassle that it is worth getting.
Mine gets a fair bit of use now that all my "mates" know I've got one...:rolleyes: :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts