Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

First, I read this thread 877674-rear-leds-on-boot-not-working because the breakdown semas to be similar. But ultimately it didn't serve me.

So here is a new one. My problem is the LEDs on boot at left side. They are no more working since one week.

First of all, I decided to invert left and right but the wiring is inverted (see attched picture).

So I took my multimeter and tested tensions on the right and the left side (with all lights ON) :

RIGHT SIDE :

1. GROUND
2. 12V Fog lamp
3. 12V Reverse lamp
4. ~6V LEDs (and 12V when brake light on)

LEFT SIDE :

1. GROUND
2. 12V Fog lamp
3. 12V Reverse lamp
4. 0 Volts LEDs (and 0 Volts when brake light on)

Wiring is OK beetween boot and car.

Dashboard indicate that a light is not working at rear (see picture attached).

I think, somewhere is a box with a fuse or 6V/12V voltage transformer, something like this that is broken ?
Can you help me please ?

Best regards

Attachments

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I would still say wiring issue. Picture 3 with the boot grommet it will probably be broken inside there. Need to get the wiring right out of the rubber boot too check it. No fuse for the lights its all controlled by the body computer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks I'll check yellow/green wire until I f broken signal. It's incredible if it is the cause to see this kind of fault on a 2011 car!

·
Registered
36,847 Posts
I bought my 2011 car new and had the tailgate looms replaced under warranty. The mechanic at the dealers said his wife's Fiat 500 had the same issue. There are several threads on the subject dating back to 2014 on here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
And you were right ! It was actually the wiring in the boot grommet ! They were 3 wires partially broken with this.

Incredible !!! Where they spent the engineers who are supposed to think about what kind of wear ??? :furious:

Have the Italian cars kept their 80's defect ?
I remember my Lancia Delta HF Integrale, which had a wiring in a pitiful state.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts