Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Ive tried searching this issue at length but could not find anything on here relating to my issue.

So at random last night i had the following dash board errors all at the same time;

Rear brake light not working
Front front drivers side side light not working
rear passenger indicator not working
Hill start not available
ASR/traction control stuff error

So, after looking into this, the only bulb not working was the front passenger side light, replaced now and all working.

Nothing wrong with the brake lights and this error message has now gone away.

The hill start not available and the ASR stuff went away after turning the engine off and then on again.

However the rear passenger indicator error is still present, the bulb is working and I swapped the bulb with the one on the other side to check and they both work fine. connector and holder looks good (from what I could see) and it is working, flashes normally when locking and un locking and for the hazard lights.

Does anyone know what I can do to eliminate this error message and get the passenger side indicators to flash at the correct speed again! its becoming slightly annoying.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
It will be a poor earth somewhere.

When the earth path is failing the circuit is provided through an adjacent bulb. So the 'Live' goes in through the bulb and out of it's 'Earth' side but then can't find a way out. So it goes in to the next bulb and they both glow faintly.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Unplug the passenger side socket at the rear light unit and have a very close look at the plug and socket. I had this identical fault and the earth wire connector in this socket was slightly burnt and corroded. Cleaned the connector with proper contact cleaner (not WD40) and used the point of an old compass (thing for drawing circles) to squeeze the earth wire connector together slightly and problem cured.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will be a poor earth somewhere.

When the earth path is failing the circuit is provided through an adjacent bulb. So the 'Live' goes in through the bulb and out of it's 'Earth' side but then can't find a way out. So it goes in to the next bulb and they both glow faintly.
Hi OE,

I will have a root around and check the earths at the rear cluster.

No other bulbs are glowing faintly, all other bulbs in the rear cluster are working and as bright as the other cluster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts