Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my rear indicators is behaving erratically. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The stop & tail is fine.

I got the owner's handbook out and had a fiddle. Things tend to improve when I wiggle the wire, so it's not the LED.

Is it easy to get the light unit out (it was dark & raining when I had a look at it)?

Is this a common fault? Any helpful suggestions?

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,168 Posts
I am sure I replied to this thread before but it seems to have disappeared.

The light is held in by three captive nuts and one connector for the bulb and one for the led cluster.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Paul.o, I thought that my original posting was too obscurely worded. Thanks for the reply. I'll have a tinker tomorrow.

I've got bulbs going at a phenomenal rate here. Mrs Disgusted's Multipla blew 2 headlamps and a sidelight pretty much all in the same week. The headlights take H7s. In stock, I had H1s, H4s & H6s. Guess what? No H7s. Off to Euro Car parts for some.

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Sorry Paul.o, I thought that my original posting was too obscurely worded. Thanks for the reply. I'll have a tinker tomorrow.

I've got bulbs going at a phenomenal rate here. Mrs Disgusted's Multipla blew 2 headlamps and a sidelight pretty much all in the same week. The headlights take H7s. In stock, I had H1s, H4s & H6s. Guess what? No H7s. Off to Euro Car parts for some.
Have you been eating skittles?

I wonder if it's something in the air as every car that I drive this weather triggers the bulb oot warning light....AAARGh

Pomeo

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love Pomeo's confectionary-related solutions.

I once mended a fuse in my 1964 HA Viva with a KitKat wrapper.

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
I love Pomeo's confectionary-related solutions.

I once mended a fuse in my 1964 HA Viva with a KitKat wrapper.
:cheese:

:wow:
I jist remember my father using the silver foil out of a fag packet to do the same trick disgusted.

:cry:
I remember to clearly what a Viva Ha was ...not in the same league as a Victor Fd butt.;):D

Perhaps that's why eye went oan to study Electrical engineering butt when I stooopoidly blew the 125A fuse in the boot in a hasty jump start I replaced it with some 2.5 out of twin and earth.:)

Pomeo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts