Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know what the screw/bolt is that holds the cover for the parcel shelf rear brake light cluster is?
Nothing seems to fit - allen key, philips, flat blade or torx!
Angle is awkward to get direct vision!

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Not tried on 166 but in other cars that I have owned it was plastic fitting that you unscrewed by hand. Can you get your hand to it?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
CrispDust said:
Any one know what the screw/bolt is that holds the cover for the parcel shelf rear brake light cluster is?
Nothing seems to fit - allen key, philips, flat blade or torx!
Angle is awkward to get direct vision!
Hi

There are two small allen bolts/screws on the inside of the car, and if I remember correctly, I think that there is a nut to be undone from under the panel/shelf in the boot.

HTH ;)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I thought they were allen key type but just couldn't seem to get right size.
Why is it sods law that you always have the 2 o3 sizes up and down for every every tool, but never the one you need.
I have 4 13mm sockets but can I ever bloody find one?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
CrispDust said:
Thanks I thought they were allen key type but just couldn't seem to get right size.
Why is it sods law that you always have the 2 o3 sizes up and down for every every tool, but never the one you need.
I have 4 13mm sockets but can I ever bloody find one?
... theres a gremlin that goes around and buggers up the parts of your motor, and just to make sure that you go through the full spectrum of emotions, nicks the tools that you need to fix it......

...... simple really ;)

:lol:

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Just a quicky....when I tried to remove speedo n guages I was stuck...tried all the metric tamperproof with no joy....Those cunning italians.....tried imperial and off it came.
Degangsta ..I wondered what the noise was.I must have stood on the gremlin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts