Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am depressed, a month ago I was stopped at a pedestrian crossing allowing a lady to cross, then was rear ended by man in white transit- usual conversation "sorry mate just didn't see you woz stopped" etc etc. Not too much damage, ding in boot, badge, bumper. Recovered for repair same day. Garage only just had authorisation through from Insurance Company so still no Alfa back on road yet - bummer.
Day after accident, my insurance company delivered a brand new X-Type Jag awd as my courtesy car at knockdown rate of £120/day-other guys insurance company is gonna have to cough for this obviously - he has admitted liability
What makes me real sad in all this is my wife now says I look old driving the Jag, my secretary says I look like Phil Mitchell and I'm feeling - well - f*[email protected]*#g bored, old and like Phil Mitchell. - Give me back my car!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
you're lucky I ended up with a Fiat Panda and the missus standing at the living room window laughing as I pulled up!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They've given me the 2.5 V6 AWD X-Type estate (Yeah Mond... chassis i think). It does everything you would expect a Jag to do but.... for this size car, the 2.5 doesn't give enough grunt. The power delivery is v.smooth right through the rev range but it just lacks that extra bit. The auto box has a "sport" button that appears to have absolutely no effect apart from switching on an led..
Handling and road holding are phenomenal, helped by some fat Pirelli Pzeros and a spot on power split between the front and rear axles. Unless you do something real stupid it just never loses grip.
But lets face it, its not meant to be driven rapidly - its a car for grown -ups...:)

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Sorry to hear that - hope you can get back to your bella soon :)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Oh well, at least they didn't give you a Toyota Yaris ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts