Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

does anyone know how to remove the emblem and whatever it's mounted on from the rear hatch on a 147?

I want to smooth the rear off even more (I've already removed the lettering) by removing the rear Alfa badge, but don't want to go trying to pull/prise it off without knowing that it'll come off..

any info appreciated,
thanks Phil

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers lad :)

I agree with you in part....
I don't believe it's right to remove the Alfa badge from the front, i think it really takes away from the front end if you do that.
However, from the back IMO it makes it look alot smoother ;)

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay.......... i was just looking at that thread there, and my rear badge isn't a swivel type. It's immobile.....

any other suggestions anyone?
thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
Im pretty sure it's just two pins on the back which locate it and it's then held on with glue

Mask up around the badge with 3 or 4 layers to protect the paint, and use the thinest screwdriver to gently prise it up all the way around, should just pop off then.

This is going to be my next mod, when i get a sunny day :(

Ive already removed the rear wiper which cleans up the back end, possible might go for some light tints on the rear quarters.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh man, tinted rear lights on a black 147 is a must imo :D I did mine a couple of weeks back and it just looks so much meaner from the back ;)

thanks for the info, I've a feeling I'll be going at this in the next day or 2 :thumbs:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Did you go limo black or light black?? As when I had my black Clio, I did the darkest Limo tints I could do, and It looked awesome, but now im older :( and want a more subtle classy look.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Woo, crossed wire here me thinks, I was talking about rear windows getting tinted :confused:

Ive already got black lexus lights. If I sprayed my rears lights I would get stopped within minutes round here.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha my mistake :lol: yeah rear 3 windows tinted (mediums) is on my to do list :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Im pretty sure it's just two pins on the back which locate it and it's then held on with glue

Mask up around the badge with 3 or 4 layers to protect the paint, and use the thinest screwdriver to gently prise it up all the way around, should just pop off then.

This is going to be my next mod, when i get a sunny day :(

Ive already removed the rear wiper which cleans up the back end, possible might go for some light tints on the rear quarters.
Don't use a screw driver from the outside you'll bugger it up! The plastic lining of the boot needs removing and you'll find a retaining screw which holds it in place! This is done from the inside of the boot and not from the outside! It isn't glued in anyway! The only one that has a screw and double faced film is the front one, the back one is removed from inside the hatch! Beware removing the plastic liner as the retaining clips snap very easily! Good Luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think you should get professional asistance from some alfa service in your land.Try choosing someone who did similar operations in the past,you can cooperate with them also..

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Rancido, I'm wanting to remove the lettering off the back of my 156 I see you have removed yours, what is the best way of doing this?
Cheers.
just heat it up with a hairdryer and then prise the letters off with a credit card
once you have the lettering off, use "tar & bug" remover to get rid of whatever glue is left :)

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Oh come on, any 10 year old school boy will have that off in 5 minutes where I live!!!!! :cry: (little fekkers...)

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah lad, photoshop is the business :)

I'm gonna be throwing a photoshopped pic into your "DIY black grill" thread in a minute...
I'm gonna do mine red :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts