Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Juuuuust out of interest, is it possible to upgrade the manual rear windows on a pre-facelift to electic?

I presume I'd have to swap the door looms as well as the regulators and switches, but after that would the windows work (as in go up and down)?

Cheers,

Iain

·
0 Posts
If you get all the bits, I don't see why not (am sure I have read about some-one doing the same)

·
0 Posts
The wiring should be in place - Take the switch out of your driver's door and check for spare connections that would be for the rears

·
Registered
16 Posts
I LOVE MY V6 do you still have the window motors/reg?

I am in need of the 2 rear window motors and regulators, if you still need to sell them. Are they fairly new? - bambina

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

I've got them (I never bothered doing my upgrade). They're from a T-plate, and in good working order.

PM me if you're interested.

Cheers,

Iain
Hi Iain,
Yes I'm interested. What's a T-plate? My 156 is a 2001, LHD model, but it probably doesn't matter as far as rear window motors are concerned. What do you need to get for them, not including shipping (I'm in Italy)?

Cheers, Tom & bambina

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Iain,
Yes I'm interested. What's a T-plate? My 156 is a 2001, LHD model, but it probably doesn't matter as far as rear window motors are concerned. What do you need to get for them, not including shipping (I'm in Italy)?

Cheers, Tom & bambina
Ah...sorry, I didn't notice your location. A T-plate is a 1999 model. I can't see RHD/LHD being any different...

They're on eBay for £20 each, but we could come to a deal ;)

Cheers,

Iain

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Iain,
Sounds like they'll work. Have you a picture, on Ebay or ? Do they look like the ones in this thread from 156.net:
Alfa Romeo forum: How to change rear window motor

Assuming they're the right parts, I'd offer you 30 for the pair. Any idea what shipping is like to Italy? That way I could transfer the Lbs. to you account, and you could send them.
Ciao, Tom and bambina

1 - 14 of 14 Posts