Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Busy doing a refurb on the rear suspension, I have removed the drop link bar from the rear anti roll bar, however the bush was in bad shape and broke away easily. From the pic do I still have the inner metal of the bush attached to the end bar?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thanks for confirming. It looks like one piece due to the rust! Plan is to get it blasted and powder coated... However I need to remove these end bits... Not sure how though..

QUOTE=spiderserie4;14871554]yes!......bar gets narrower at the bush end.

pretty nasty condition that bar, I guess you are going to give it a good clean up:)

scroll down to 3rd and 4th pics here (again Vintre's pictures to the rescue!)
Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Rear Suspension Bushing Change For Dummies[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
135 Posts
Great thanks for confirming. It looks like one piece due to the rust! Plan is to get it blasted and powder coated... However I need to remove these end bits... Not sure how though..

QUOTE=spiderserie4;14871554]yes!......bar gets narrower at the bush end.

pretty nasty condition that bar, I guess you are going to give it a good clean up:)

scroll down to 3rd and 4th pics here (again Vintre's pictures to the rescue!)
Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Rear Suspension Bushing Change For Dummies
[/QUOTE]
I would clean up the bar end and what is left of the bush so that you can at least see what is what. Once you can make the two parts out either gently grind or hacksaw a grove in the bush inner section and then split it away from the bar.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a plan!

I would clean up the bar end and what is left of the bush so that you can at least see what is what. Once you can make the two parts out either gently grind or hacksaw a grove in the bush inner section and then split it away from the bar.[/QUOTE]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts