Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have peppered paint work around the rear wheel arch area, I have had some enlarged protectors made up as the standard Alfa ones were too small for the job.
Chris at Autoinnovations has made a template up in case anyone else is interested and are based in Suffolk.

Window Tinting, Signs, Graphics and Signage within Suffolk and Essex

Once installed they cover up most of the previous damage too and are barely visible so well chuffed.

See pic

:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
how far down do the protectors go down W? I notice from the pic you have side skirts which covers the area I have the most issues with. Ive made my own additional protection using 3M clear protective film but also need some higher up the arch as in your pic.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The protectors go down to the side skirts and up as high as about the top of the rear wheel arch height + 3cm. if you zoom into the picture you can just about make out the top line.

S

·
0 Posts
would these work for the brera too? is the 159 arch any different? my paintwork around that area is awful!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Will be interested next week. Picking up a 09 159 which has had the arches just resprayed so nice at present. Do they do a protector for the bonnet?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your best bet is to give them a call. The link is in the first thread.
Chris did a template from my car while I was there so he can do another one for another part of the car, or another model I guess.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Does anyone know if the originals are still available from Alfa? I've just had my door bottoms repainted and need some pdq.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Alfa supplied plastic protectors

Just enquired via an Indy. Alfa do supply - With VAT about £75-80 for the 4 pieces! I only need 1 piece so am buying the film.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Gentle heat from a hairdryer and they come off.
I made my own from film, made them the full width of the arch, wrapped them into the door aperture too and from the very bottom flush with the skirt to a good few inches above the OEM ones.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Lovelyred quite correct.Warm but not too hot,wait a few seconds before peeling down. It.s tough adhesive and the piece will shrivel.
Good idea to use a piece of plain paper to take an impression of the old one, pressing carefully around the edge to make a template. If you have already removed the old one simply do the same on the remaining one on the other side.turn template over and bingo, same result. Good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts