Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the rear disc guards / cover / plate (cant remember what they called) are a MOT requirement .

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the rear disc guards / cover / plate (cant remember what they called) are a MOT requirement .

Thanks
I think it would be an advisory for sure but not a fail, until I read this, seems to be a decision made at the discretion of the tester. That said I'm sure there's an MOT tester on here who can answer that one. :thumbs:

Brake backing plate [Archive] - Volvo Owners Club Forum

·
Registered
116 Posts
Are they easy enough to remove/replace (on a GT for me)?

Getting new discs all round and going to tart up the calipers, never thought of the rear disc protection plates though. Mine are rusty as hell, so might have them replaced if it's not too much of a chore

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it would be an advisory for sure but a fail until I read this, seems to be a decision made at the discretion of the tester. That said I'm sure there's an MOT tester on here who can answer that one. :thumbs:

Brake backing plate [Archive] - Volvo Owners Club Forum

Thx fella i saw a replying answering what i need to know . I want to remove them and someone said its ok to not have them , so unless told other wise i will carry on

:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I believe they're a fail if they are rusty and a danger to the braking process but not a fail if they are missing.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
I don't know if they are MOT requirement but on a 156 they are not so easy to replace as the wheel hub needs to be removed to replace the anchor plates

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
They are so rusty they are easily cut off with disc removed. No need to remove hub all though I believe mirlock is changing bearings anyway. I've had 2 mots without but understand that some testers are more fickle than others.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
They are so rusty they are easily cut off with disc removed. No need to remove hub all though I believe mirlock is changing bearings anyway. I've had 2 mots without but understand that some testers are more fickle than others.
I don't know how you would replace the anchor plate without removing the hub.
The axel is going through the plate and the bolt are behind the hub

Attachments

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I don't know how you would replace the anchor plate without removing the hub.
The axel is going through the plate and the bolt are behind the hub
I didn't replace it. I cut it off before it rusted to pieces. The remains of the plate are still attached. I won't be bothering to put new ones on as they are not required for mot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts