Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the old girl needs new rear discs and pads on the back!! 2.4 07 plate, what recommendations do you guys have and where is the best place to get them from

Cheers

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte
1,764 Posts
Got mine from ebspares.co.uk original Brembo's

·
Registered
84 Posts
I agree standards are best unless you are uprating fronts as you would otherwise alter the brake bias, the ABS may compansate for this not sure of the exact system on Alfa Romeo 159.

Demon tweeks stock them, but rear dics and pads?? any local euro parts would be cheaper and they carry the same garuntee and have to be EU standard for quality anyway.

Mark Flintshire

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte
1,764 Posts
The ones I got from eb were about £120 for brembo disks and pads. Everything you need for both rear brakes. Easy Job to fit yourself too.

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
I agree standards are best unless you are uprating fronts as you would otherwise alter the brake bias, the ABS may compansate for this not sure of the exact system on Alfa Romeo 159.

Demon tweeks stock them, but rear dics and pads?? any local euro parts would be cheaper and they carry the same garuntee and have to be EU standard for quality anyway.

Mark Flintshire
Sorry for the hijack but currently running stock rear pads with brembo discs but looking at doing fronts soon on a 1.9. Would drilled front brembo ddiscs alter the bias significantly over standard discs?

·
Registered
84 Posts
uprating the front braking is not a problem

Hi If rear is uprated only and its "wet" in a bend or driving on the limit, the back would try and brake away, But then ABS would try and compensate. From what I have read up on the Alfa ABS is a fairly good system.

But it is still advisable if uprating braking start at the front! then rears.

Mark Flintshire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts