1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
I bought the draper one (last one, black) and it DIDN'T fit in the piston cut-outs. The first one, although expensive, it the best one to get.

In the end I carefully used pipe pliers .... very carefully ..... ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys I will go for the £20 one :D

Its annoying because none say they are for Alfa Romeos.. it seems they are too rare for the manafacturer to actually test them on an Alfa? :confused:

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Chris said:
and very slowly?
:lol:
First one I managed to get back with the ill-fitting Draper block, but the 2nd one ... yes, slowly .... v slowly .... ;)

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I'd go for the Sealey one. I used them when I worked as a mechanic. Comes highly recommended from my point of view :cool:

W

·
0 Posts
I managed with water pump pliers and a G-clamp for years on my 155s but for a 156 found I needed a proper tool. Bought the Halfrauds £20 version as I was halfway through the job when I realised the necessity!!

Anyway, great little tool, makes life sooooo much easier, wondered why I hadnt bought one years ago....apart from being tight that is :D

wrinx

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I bought a full kit with multiple adaptors, including a twiddly turning one for the fronts, from a local motor factors for £37, over the counter. This way it's going to be good for any car I buy in the future, plus I can lend it to my brother, family and friends for a few beers in repayment. I used it to do all the brakes this summer and it was a godsend, making a fiddly job easy-peasy.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
i made my own tool in lieu of a pay rise, but that's because i could, i had looked at the available one's and it did annoy me that alfa is not listed on any of them :tut:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Alfa was most certainly marked on the kit I bought. BTW the rears are identical to the newer Vauxhalls.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
i made mine over 5yrs ago for my 155, alfa was not marked on kits then, i heartily apologise to any accesories manufacturer who has now seen fit to include the venerable name alfa on their compatible with lists ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts