Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently asked for help with gassing my A/C.
Ned From Auto Lusso sorted it out in between jobs in his busy work shop, its free if you have a service at the same time too. The machine checks how much fluid is curently in the system, it read "0" on mine. There was no gas what so ever in the system. So either its never been serviced (very likely) and/or has a leak (also very likely). Its now topped up and working, but ill need to check for leaks over the next few weeks. Ned put a dye into the system which shows up under UV light. This helps to spot the leaks.

Whilst there, he did a quick check of usual faults and found the rear bushes were, erm, fluffed, (trying not to use the techinical "F" word Ned used to describe them). So bad in places there was metal on metal. So its now booked in to get powerflexed for £395. I thought this was a good price, as its a bugger to do. This should give a major imporvement over the handling as the rear wheels currently wobble by half an inch.

If anyones has any experience of powerflex id love to know how you got on

D

·
0 Posts
mines going in as well, what colour powder coating are you both having on the suspension parts?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi had my gtv6 rear powerflexed by autolusso recently makes a huge improvement, car handles great feels much more rigid and tight, had the parts powder coated yellow same as bushes gives it a much better look from rear not that at gtv needs improving looks wise ! well worth it !

D

·
0 Posts
i remember a gtv having yellow fitted when i was in there getting my belts and variator done.

D

·
0 Posts
what colour is your car? mine is dark blue so i might go with the red as my calipers are red:)

D

·
0 Posts
any of you going to the auto italia day up at stanford hall tomorrow?

D

·
0 Posts
red could look kool:) looking at getting a 3.0gtv myself, my cossie is sold and my 2.0ts doesnt really cut it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my car is green. I think black, grey or silver. Didnt actually specify with Ned. Yellow is a no no for mine. Never been a big fan of yellow parts.

Couldnt believe how bad the bushes were. Never seen under the car before, only when squatting at the rear. And from tht angle t all looked pretty tight.

Booked in for a week on Friday.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My car is metallic blue parts look great they were the ones ned was gonna put on his project gtv6 , torrential rain for the autoitalia day put me off thinking of taking the long drive to Alfa day ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My car is back, and my god it's made a world of difference. It feels so much more planted. It no longer crabs nor does it make a clunking noise. I chose the arms to be powder coated in silver. They look fantastic. Ned even said he was gonna post pictures on the autolusso website, so look out for them.
Whilst there I had a mid section of the exhaust replaced.
All the work was carried out perfectly. The guy who did the work chatted to me and showed me the awful old ones were. Can't believe it passed an mot a few months ago, the bushes must of been shot for a long time.
Would recommend AL to do the work: good price (fixed price £395), good components, nice bacon butties and a free courtessy car.
Back to the powerflexing: it's like a new car, so taught in the bends, yet not a harsher ride (in my opinion). Supposidley the parts are garanteed for life, gotta be worth it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts