Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my 156 to the bodyshop to have a new bumper fitted after it had slid backwards (on its own) into a hedge at our local Farm shop. The owner showed me the replacement and i noticed it was slightly different to the original on the car ,in that it has a small mould lip along the middle compared to a smooth finish already on . I actually think it looks very smart and have no qualms about it being fitted but cant recall seeing one like it before. The owner assured me it was a genuine Alfa part(used vin number when ordering) and i was just wondering if anyone had seen or come across these bumpers and any reasons as to why they are being sold. It actually looks quite sporty and an improvement.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I'm a little comfused here. Do you mean the bumper has a textured rubbing strip and the doors don't have one at all? If so, that's perfectly normal, hope this helps :thumbs:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The rear bumper is what im referring to.The original one has a smooth surface leading down from the top to the bottom ,this one, has a protruding lip(about 10ml wide and 10ml deep incorporated into the moulding.Its difficult to explain but will try to post some pics when i pick her up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts