Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my bumper has 2 sensors . It appears the one of the right has been pushed out or in ? I see white paint and scratches from where someone has scratched the rear with no note left :( one of the sensors spot has just a hole now .
Is it just easy to buy one sensor and try to remove the bumper to do this ? Now as I reverse it alarms continuously .
Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi my bumper has 2 sensors . It appears the one of the right has been pushed out or in ? I see white paint and scratches from where someone has scratched the rear with no note left :( one of the sensors spot has just a hole now .
Is it just easy to buy one sensor and try to remove the bumper to do this ? Now as I reverse it alarms continuously .
Thanks in advance :)
It sounds like it has pushed in, I suspect it is hanging inside the bumper but there is only one way to check....

To remove bumper - there are 2/3 bolts at the top once you open the tailgate, two underneath the bumpers near the rear lights and about 3 screws and 1 star shaped socket inside each arch. Once this is all removed,the top of the bumper under the lights will pull free with a tug. You can remove the connections to the lights (lower left and right, as well as the number plate lights) either before or after the bumper is off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts