Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goof afternoon all,

I bought this lovely Giulietta with some rear bumper damage about a month ago and have finally decided to get my head around it and get it sorted.

Passed the MOT with no major issues, apart from that knocked out reflector on the lower left that had to be replaced.

It’s kind of a weird one because from a distance you are not really able to tell, however from close up you start to notice and it’s kind of annoying.

The seam of the crack feels like can almost be put together with some glue as the lines just lost touch but are not distorted, however I’m not sure what’s the best course of action here.

Do it myself, get it repaired or just replace it?

How does everyone feel about it?

Many thanks in advance,
Andrea

Attachments

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
Many, though not all, of the second-hand bumpers are damaged in some way so will need repair and refinishing. What you have there can be repaired and then sprayed so that the repair is invisible. There are mobile repairers that do that sort of thing and car dealers use them a lot. One that springs to mind is 'Chipsaway' but there are lots of others, a search online will show those local to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your replies.
I guess I’ll give Chipsaway a go. It looks like a certain Peter Chow looks after my catchment area. I’ll request a quote and post the results if I’m going ahead so everyone can see the results.
Thank you all for now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts