Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst under the car yet again this afternoon (it's now sort-of-affectionately known as the Failwagon) i noticed that the rear flexi brake pipe that's clipped to the back of the rear damper had been rubbing against the damper. little patch of wear to the outer coating.

I've turned the pipe in it's clips so that it no longer touches the damper, but it might be worth people looking at theirs to see if they're rubbing, especially if the suspension has been changed and the pipe simply re-clipped on.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another section of wear found.

i don't want to unduly worry people - this may just be my car.

OSR solid brake pipe as it comes past the rear subframe, mine seems to be sat between subframe and chassis, just on the corner where the subframe mounts to the car. it's resting on the subframe and there's a small patch of wear as it's been rubbing on the subframe. pic of this to follow.

·
Vendor
45,819 Posts
I think I had the OSR changed on my old R-reg 3 litre, as it was corroded a bit just as it went into the caliper and failed an MOT. I'm pretty sure the fuel tank had to be dropped out to change it, it was pretty much the only job on the car I didn't do myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts